Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Raising the Vibration Day 22/23



Happy full moon! It's the Sturgeon Moon, or Corn Moon - the first of two this month!

It's in Aquarius today--the sign of lightning and surprise inspiration. Ah the gift of breathing room--it's for a natural clearing. I'm much much more aware of moon cycle these days. It's a great time-marker for me-- for setting intentions and goals.

Today is also Lammas,where we ponder what we lost in the fire, and what will grow to nourish us: "Lammas is a festival of regrets and farewells, of harvest and preserves."
The 40-day challenge has proven to be a great reflection time.

I'm modifying behavior and seeing how I can make some real shifts after the challenge is over. Just a moon ago, I was contemplating the Yoga Yoga 40 Day challenge--I participate every time it's offered. How is this one different from the last?
How am I different? What am I up to?

Today is Day 22. One day 20, I couldn't help it--I woke up with Bon Jovi's "Half-Way There" Lyrics running though my mind.

I've gotten to the point where my clarity feels sharp like a Ginsu knife and it feels good to feel good.

I'm participating in a yoga workshop (outside YY) and next week begins "Deepening Your Practice" with Jenn Wooten. That's just the type of workshop I've always wanted because I'm interested in fine-tuning my practice and having feedback.

Day 23

Last night was incredibly liberating. I stripped down to my bra and panties and jumped into Barton Springs and howled at the moon! Usually, I am prepared with my towel and bathing suit and I am usually tentative about going in--but I was low energy and last night and Barton Springs is a great healer--I did feel cold off and energized. Thank you Rakefet for urging us to go down and howl at the moon.

Before that, we went to a Kirtan and full moon meditation. Way to ring in August! Raise the vibration. There is more this weekend. I may even "Om the Dome"(flash meditation mob at the Capitol)That is if I say "Yes!"

I'm finding it easier to just say "Yes." A 'No" is always there but a "Yes" requires more effort and courage.

No comments: