Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Journey of 40 Days Starts Today

I know it's been a ridiculously long time since I've dedicated myself to my blog in any regular manner. I'm hereby reinvigorating it, and in this time will use my writing muscle as well as the others in this temple of mine, dedicating myself to my practice both on and off the mat--remembering the mat is a temporary rectangular playground, but it's the mindfulness of the shakti that's on it, rolling it up afterwards and walking with grace, confidence and mindfulness into the world--that's where the practice comes in.

I draw an Angel Card everyday before leaving the house. Today, I chose my very favorite word: Light. Yes, Perfect.

“Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final”
― Rainer Maria Rilke

It's on! I love the 40-Day challenge for its conscious focus in an finite amount of time. Why 40 days? Research suggests it takes 40 days to make a new habit or break an old one. Each time I've participated a "challenge" there have been insights. Mostly in what discipline can teach me.

This time around, my theme is "Shake it Up" Here are my goals:

* Dedicated home practice --15+ minutes every morning. I can be such a slacker.

* Yoga everyday--different yoga studio types including Bikram not just Yoga Yoga. I want to insert myself in different studios, teachers and experiences.

* No alcohol/bleached flour/fried foods--conscious consumption.
(For the record, I like my booze. I'll miss you mimosas, martinis & margaritas)

* Contributing to the YogaYoga blog 2x/week

* Oh, and drop 5 lbs.

Join me for what unfolds as I fold deeper into myself.

No comments: