Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Check it IN!


Day 14 Today's Angel Card: Freedom

It's not out there, in a self-help book, a weekend workshop with promises of life transformation or with some sage Guru on top of a mountain (although they can all be tools). Part of being of spiritual seeker is to recognize the big cosmic joke--the A-HA moment is much like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz ---you really don't have to look further than your own back yard. Forget about "Chekin' it out"-- "Checkin' it in" is where it's at. Especially right now, Mercury is in retrograde. What does this mean?
Well Mercury is the planet of communication, so since July 15 and through August 8, rather than signing papers, making big purchases like a laptop or moving forward in technology and communication, it's a time to review, back up files, take stock, and well, "check it in." Here's what Astrologyzone says about it:
At several points throughout the year most of us will be bombarded with the maddening effects of Mercury in retrograde. Mercury is a planet which governs all transportation and communication issues. Mercury is not an emotional planet, but rather a highly objective, truth-seeking one. It rules intelligence, education and truth. When it is in retrograde, some of its power is held back.

I call it my "Cosmic Toolbelt"--those are the things that feed, educate and nurture my journey through this beautiful life. Amongst them are my dear deep friendships, a sense of humor, yoga practice, meditation, time alone, creative artistic outlets, choosing music that rocks my soul, books, films & podcasts to feed my brain, organic produce and home cooking that fuel this body...the list goes on.

It's been a fortnight in on the 40-day challenge. 14 days of "checking it in" Seeing my determination and inconsistencies--just playing the game provides some good mental floss.
I have been setting my iPhone timer for 15 minutes in the AM to do my home practice. It is my hope that I will slowly ramp it up to 18 then 20, 25 then 30+ minutes as time allows. It is a yoga date with myself. Much like arranging an "Artist date" which is part of the work in The Artist's Way. I've owned this book since the late 90's and have flopped off somewhere around chapter 4 "Recovering a Sense of Integrity" that and the money exercises in the "Recovering a Sense of Abundance."

Last night I was part of a small group of women committing to the work of the 12-step/12 week program of Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way. My goal (one of them anyway) is about completion. Seeing it through. Being absolutely committed which will take us on a journey for the next 3 months. And so, the 'Morning Pages' have begun. The idea is to wake up and immediately write three pages about anything, simply transcribing your thoughts. Their purpose is not to be shared with others or even reread by yourself but simply to create awareness and to free your mind of all the chatter.We will complete the "spiritual path to higher creativity" sometime around Halloween. Boo!

"You are not too old
and it is not too late
to dive into your increasing depths
where life calmly gives out
its own secret."
-Rainer Maria Rilke

It's going to be a juicy week. I can feel it in my bones. Stay tuned for more soon.

No comments: